Thursday, June 15, 2006

Good, Bad, Indifferent



The new HBO Sunday Nite line-up came out of the tube in good form with the venerable Deadwood jumping right into the complicated storyline - no time wasted with wordy exposition. Lotsa Calamity Jane too - I liked that...



New family sitcom Lucky Louie fell flat...



They're retracing the path worn so well by Married With Children but hoping that the addition of four-letter words will distract us from noticing. I noticed. I'll give it a few more spins to see if they develop something here but so far - nuthin' happening.

And then there's Dane Cook's Tourgasm. Too beefs. A too much time spent "on the bus" and thus, too little time spent on stage. And all Dane's stage stuff is straight off his Retaliation album so if you've heard that...



At least one of the other guys is pretty good and some of the "bus" stuff is mildly funny so we'll give this some time to see where it goes.

I haven't been an Entourage viewer up to now but I watched most of the new ep and it wasn't bad. As I'll be taping it every Sunday with the other shows I'll probably end up watching it this season...



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home