Friday, May 19, 2006

Doomed...

Only a couple times in my life have I foolishly agreed to DJ a dance...



Each time was a disaster. I seem to have no feeling whatsoever as to what people want to dance to. That's probably because I'm a terrible dancer who doesn't particularly enjoy dancing.

Despite these experiences, I have once again agreed to DJ a dance. It's an intergenerational "Prom" - folks of all ages so everything from early rock n' roll to disco to swing to reggae to rap to shag music will be expected. It has been a bit of fun gathering all the music together. I've filled out my disco collection nicely. And what gets categorized as "Beach" music includes an awful lot of great early soul and rock n' roll.

I've got everything loaded on the iPod. I'm going to duplicate it all on The Daughter's iPod so I can work between them. All I need to finish up is to download Electric Slide, Macarena, and Limbo Rock. God help me...


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home